Damon® Q System
The Damon System is an innovative combination of passive self-ligating brackets, high-tech archwires and minimally invasive treatment protocols that work together as a low-friction, low-force system. The end result is clinically proven performance that includes faster treatment time, fewer appointments, improved patient comfort, exceptional results and wider arch development with fewer extractions as well as less reliance on RPEs (Rapid Palatal Expanders) or surgery.
By combining passive self-ligating brackets with high-tech archwires, the Damon System is a unique mechanical system – a passive conduit – that permits low forces to work in conjunction with the muscles of the face, tongue, bone and tissue. Low forces minimize discomfort and greatly increase the types of cases that can be treated to a symmetrical facial result without high-force expansion or extractions.
The Damon System uses a special slide mechanism which is designed to move naturally with your teeth as they’re realigned during treatment. Damon is an increasingly popular choice among patients because, although they’re fitted like normal braces, they present numerous advantages that traditional braces lack, including:
- Faster Treatment Time – Damon treatment is 7 months (30%) shorter than traditional braces
- Appearance – The clear brackets used in the Damon System are virtually invisible
- Fewer Appointments – The Damon System requires little in-office maintenance
- Comfort – Patients have reported 60% less pain and discomfort with Damon braces
- Convenience – The Damon braces are easy to keep clean
- Better Oral Hygiene – There are minimal places for plaque and bacteria to accumulate
- Success – Damon braces effectively correct severe crowding, rarely require extractions, and have a low relapse rate